domingo, 10 de octubre de 2010

Blog #6 The Strange Traveller

Mysterious Traveller:

http://www.lazazandcruisers.eu/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/jean-valjean.jpg

The Joker:

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.costumzee.com/view/wp-content/uploads/2008/08/culture-shock-the-joker-thumb.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.costumzee.com/view/2008/08/&h=360&w=300&sz=19&tbnid=Lgn5gkWD7ZF-mM:&tbnh=246&tbnw=205&prev=/images%3Fq%3DThe%2BJoker&zoom=1&q=The+Joker&hl=en&usg=__qSoOzgGQcqVvAc0LSWFxnM3oio4=&sa=X&ei=IYqyTN9Qwf7wBoW-hK4J&ved=0CCEQ9QEwAQ




Plan to Threat France

A week ago, I met this fellow citizen that seemed so mistreated. I knew who he was at first sight, the dishonest Jean Valjean. I could watch him being rejected from every home that he went to. I was thinking to threat all France, because the bread (my favorite food) was getting really expensive. Who better than Jean Valjean, could be my colleague in this threat? He knows what is being in the gallows just for stealing loafs of breads. There must be some sort of evil in his heart that wants vengeance. Therefore I thought in making him my apprentice and his first task would be; to threat the French nation to lower the costs of the breads.

So, I just waited to Jean Valjean to knock at my door. He took a while to do so. But finally I went and opened the door; first I passed as an incognito because I am very notorious for my reputation. He first fell into my knees pleading me if he could stay home. Jean Valjean offered a good amount of money for his stay in home. Needing from my help I acceded to his plea with his pay. Dressed as a business manager I took him into the dining room to give him some food, for he was starving to death. While I watched him devouring the food I tried to deceive him. Successfully he appeared to believe that I was a very powerful business owner and that I was impressed by the inflation of the bread costs. In one moment I felt pity for Jean Valjean, because it was very improbable that he was going to be alive after my mischievous plan. The problem was in making him cooperate with my proposal to him.

The proposal consisted in “demanding” a store by stealing all its bread. Afterwards “demanding” a company by claiming all their bread and finally “demanding” all France to monopolize all the bread. I needed to make him believe that demanding was a formal way of obtaining justice. Even though it was very tough I made him believe that what I meant with demanding was basically stealing the bread without being send to the gallows. After the dinner he thanked the marvelous food that was given to him and not left not even a morsel.

Next day, I invited him to have some breakfast. He informed me that during the night he dreamt that he was an ally with the miscreant Joker, being trapped in the crime scene. Suddenly I was very nervous because I thought that he was going to reject my wily plan. So, I proposed him that if he was so preoccupied, then I was going to start by “demanding” as store and afterwards he was going to “demand” the company. In such way that he was going to be sort of my apprentice in learning how to “demand” or as I call it (steal).

As hard as I remember, Jean Valjean was stealing all the bread from my house. He took off with a giant sack of not only bread but also my food and drinks that I had. Now the apprentice had practically “demanded” my food. Like some people call it, the apprentice always surpasses the master. When I was about to persecute him, I encountered with a bunch of policemen that had discovered were I was being hidden. There is only one explanation for this, Jean Valjean discovered that I was the Joker and skillfully made me think that he didn’t notice my identity. Now I am being kept in jail, in which I have nothing better to right and learn from my mistakes. NEVER TRUST A STRANGER! Next time, hopefully in about twenty-years I will have a better tactic to take over France (just one man wasn't enough).

1 comentario:

  1. This is supposed to be an account of one of the encounters that Valjean has in the book, not a made up one. -2

    ResponderEliminar